Meet Our Team
Monica Mato, MSN, ARNP, FNP-BC
Monica Mato is a Miami native who stayed true to her roots by completing all of her training in the sunshine state. She attended the highly coveted University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies for her undergraduate and graduate studies, where she received a Master of Science as a Family Nurse Practitioner. Upon graduation, she continued her training at: Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, University of Miami Hospital, and South Miami Hospital. It was working in the urgent care of these hospitals that she became exposed to many dermatology disorders and developed an interest in the specialty.
Monica then ventured off to working at Lexington Surgeons, a scar and plastic surgery center, where she gained much of her dermatology and surgical experience. While she enjoyed the hands on nature of skin surgery, this was the first year she was not working with children and realized her passion lied in pediatric medicine.
When she discovered the opportunity at Pediatric Dermatology of Miami, it was the perfect fit. She wanted to branch away from the hospital setting and was excited to be working with children again.
In her spare time Monica loves to cook and bake. When she’s not in the office her favorite thing to do is make homemade ice cream with her husband and dog at home. Although she does not have any children yet, she expects to see some in her future.
Licensure & Certifications
- Family Nurse Practitioner, State of Florida
- Credentialing body/organization: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Education & Training
- Undergraduate Degree (B.S.): University of Miami School of Nursing & Health Studies, Miami, FL.
- Masters of Science (M.S.): Graduated Summa Cum Laude, University of Miami School of Nursing & Health Studies, Degree in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner. Miami, FL.
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
- University of Miami Hospital
- Jackson Health System
- South Miami Hospital
Honors & Awards
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Scholar, University of Miami School of Nursing & Health Studies
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, University of Miami School of Nursing & Health Studies