Pediatric Dermatology Treatments
South Miami is home to Pediatric Dermatology of Miami, where Dr. Mercedes E. Gonzalez offers the latest, most advanced procedures to diagnose and care for your child’s skin condition. She is compassionate about your child’s care and works with children to help them feel comfortable, as treatments can be a source of anxiety.
Certified by both the American Board of Dermatology and the American Board of Pediatrics, Dr. Gonzalez is one of only a few board-certified pediatric dermatologists in South Florida. She is able to effectively treat even the most challenging skin conditions, not only due to her advanced knowledge of skin disease and extensive therapeutic knowledge, but also because of an innate ability to develop close relationships with her patients and their families.
Dr. Gonzalez offers the following services in her office:
- Removal of moles, skin tags, and warts
- Molluscum treatments
- Acne treatments
- Chemical peels
- Laser treatments for birthmarks, port wine stains, red spots, brown spots, and acne scars
- Scar treatments
- Dermoscopic evaluation and removal of skin lesions
- XTRAC Laser treatment for psoriasis
- Skin biopsy or nail biopsy
- Patch testing
- Minor skin surgery
- Incision and drainage of cysts and abscesses
- Intralesional injections for alopecia areata
- Fungal scrapings for KOH and cultures
- Scabies prep
- Bacterial cultures
- Pediatric blood draws
- Nail clipping
- And more
The first step to healing is finding a dermatologist you can trust to care for your child. Dr. Gonzalez would be honored to have you join our practice. If your child suffers from a dermatologic condition, call Pediatric Dermatology of Miami today at (305) 667-3152 or use our online appointment request form.